1.27.2010

Adoption?

My parents have done foster care now for almost 2 years, and to say the kids that have come and gone have changed my life would be putting it lightly. They've had somewhere around 13 or 14 kids in that time. Some come for a few days, or a week, or a few months. It doesn't take more than a few minutes for them to become special to every one of us. Some are newborns who will never remember their days in foster care, or their adoption process. Some are older, and have been in 5 foster homes before this one. Some kids will unfortunately be put back in the situation they came from. Some are adopted, and their lives are changed forever.  Some are the sweetest kids...some are not so sweet. But you can't blame them..they don't deserve this.

(If you have seen kids in pictures on my blog before that you didn't recognize, it was probably one of these kids. Depending on the circumstance, sometimes we can share their names & pictures, sometimes you can't.)

I've heard and read about a lot of people who say that God put adoption in their mind and in their heart. While I do believe that He does that, I think I'm even luckier than that. God didn't just put it inside me somewhere... he put it right before my eyes. I've gotten to, at least from the sidelines, see adoptions happen first hand. It is completely a miracle to see how he plans a child's family for him/her.

All of these little cuties were in my parents home, and are now adopted or somewhere in the process.

Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”     Luke 18:15-17

1 comment:

Daniel and Kansas Fergen Family said...

I love it! Someday Danny and I would like to become foster parents and it's always great to read stories like this. Adoption is amazing and I hope and pray God will allow us to do this again as well. It's a blessing that can't be explained in words. Thank you so much for sharing this, the children are precious. Maybe someday we will have to talk to your parents about the foster care program! I hope you are doing well- Kansas