8.05.2010

Love bug update

IMG_5146

We had our 12 week appointment earlier this week, and this was the best picture of little squirmer that we got. He/she is one active little peanut. Waved hello to mommy and daddy the whole entire time. (which meant every picture looked like a gray blurry blob… oh look how cute baby K is!) :) A little alienish looking if I can say so myself. (and I can cuz I'm the mama)
 
Update from today: Due date has moved back a few days; moved to (could have guessed this one)... February 14. I told you this was a love bug. February 9 wasn’t close enough I guess:)  Which also means I get to live through most of week 12 one more time! I won’t complain, it’s been the best week so far. 

In week 12 I was able to get through the day with out needing a nap and early bedtime. I was able to cook an actual meal, and eat it! :) I did not lose anymore weight this past week, and feel like I’m on the verge of starting the uphill gain in the weight department.  Something normally I wouldn’t be publicly announcing, but in this case it’s needed. I lost 13 pounds, and tried 2 different medications for morning (day in my case) sickness, neither of which helped too much. But I’m happy to tell you; I’m drug free. :) I was not for taking any medication in the first place, and feel very relieved to be free of them.

We are so very thankful for the first trimester to be behind us, and looking so forward to what’s to come!

Funny story….
While we were at our appointment this week, our midwife was doing an ultrasound (portable scanner she has in her office) and she showed us our little baby with it’s moving arms and legs, and its little flickering heart… and then she turned the screen so I couldn’t see it. She went over and over my belly, just staring at the screen. She goes, “Okay I just have to show you this.”
I’m thinking… “oh my gosh, something is wrong.”
She says to us, half laughing, “when I move the wand in this direction we can clearly see one little body, and all it’s parts. But when I move it on another plain (the other direction) I’m not sure what I’m seeing. I see two different lines here”….
Oh you have to be kidding me. (In case you don’t know, Wade is an identical twin…so of course this was going through our heads from the beginning) She goes on for another 10ish minutes trying to figure out why from that direction she can see something else…. wondering if it’s another hiding baby.

Well, don’t get too excited. She decided our one single baby was lying in a funny position, and really does not think there are two babies. If there are… it is a magician of a baby who has managed to hide through the first 2 ultrasounds, and now got almost away with hiding through another. However, if we do find out at our next appointment (which she said there would be no more hiding by that point) they would be identical because there is clearly only one sac.

So we left the office with a good laugh, and a fuzzy picture of our one single growing baby who we love very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby K you are cute!!!
Love, Grandma

RT said...

Aren't ultrasounds amazing? How can they tell what one blob is from another blob? :) It all looks the same to me! :) Glad you got to see Baby K wave to you. How fun! Glad to hear everything is going well and that you're starting to feel better!