3.02.2011

awesome

this morning after my bath with jasmine organic bath salt, drinking coffee from my new Kuerig one cup wonder coffee maker as the sun shone brightly into my bathroom, the joy of life is pretty dang good isn’t it just over came me… and I had to text Mr. Kroeze.

”I don’t know if it’s the new awesome coffee or the sunshine, but today just feels like the best day. I love you so much. I’m a lucky girl.”

One would think this would create a feeling of love, and happiness, and thus your husband would respond with a parallel text of loviness and gratitude for a good life…

the phone beeps, I run to get it excited that he will share in my joy of the day, and feeling of bliss…

“awesome”

okay, not all I had hoped for, but the man of few words hit the nail on the head with that one.
Yea, it really is pretty awesome.

(side note from the husband: he did inform me when he came home from lunch that he was in a meeting when I text him, and couldn’t text me an actual message back. )

now you’re wondering why today, on a 2 degree Wednesday morning I’m feeling extra blissful. It’s not something big. It’s actually, this strange mix of the little things that today are adding up to be this one big thing that have put a little extra bounce in my step. Today I’m feeling more creative, and energetic (okay that one is from the 3 cups of coffee) and feeling so driven to do things that will matter to someone else. Reasons for the Christmas morning first day of spring-birds chirping-tulips blooming- attitude would include:  

exhibit A: I didn’t have to do my hair today
(obviously I did not do my nails either, yikes)
headband

my normally not so creative (sorry kels) sister got her crafting on over Christmas break from college and hand made me a bunch of these really cool headbands.
eehh emm. that was me clearing my throat.
these head bands, in many colors, are for sale at my salon in adult, child, and baby sizes… okay that was my first shameless sales pitch on this blog ever in 2 years, so please forgive me. I had to.

Exhibit b: Keurig
IMG_5794

Mr. mailman made my day yesterday by bringing the most beautiful coffee maker you ever did see to my door step, and this morning I had 3 cups of coffee. The new coffee maker comes with a variety pack of 12 different kinds of coffee, I had to try them… duh. Never mind that my hands are a little shaky at the moment {grin}.

Exhibit c: Grandma Sheryl came through again

Picnik collage

crib bedding is done… and it’s pretty awesome if I can say so myself. Thanks mom.
This room is pretty much begging to have a baby in it.
Which leads me to my final point.

Exhibit d: Home Study is D to the O to the N to the E. 
We did it.
We tackled the mountain, and even though I’m severely out of shape, and got tired very easily from the load… we did it. Hopefully by this time next week, I will be telling you that we’ve been approved.
But here’s what makes me the happiest about this home study business. It has made me so very, incredibly thankful for the people in our lives. There are so many questions as part of your home study about how our family, friends, co-workers etc. reacted to our news of adopting, and particularly the possibility of a trans-race adoption (a baby other than your own race). And all we could say is… they are ALL supportive. We don’t know what it’s like to have people even question our decision on this, and that makes me proud. We have this community of people in our lives who support our decision to love ANY baby that God would bless us with. We are going into this new season of “waiting” in our lives with everyone around us supporting us, praying for this new precious life, and being genuinely excited about our future. And I want all of you to know, that we do not take that for granted.
Thank you…

and that, my friends,  is the source of my joy today.


Psalm 29:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

6 comments:

sheryl said...

I can't wait to love (and maybe spoil just a little) that little one that God is going to bless you with!!
Grandma Sheryl

Jen Sandbulte said...

SUPER Excited to see you with a new little one at church! Knowing that it will be an awesome blessing! Praying that happens SOON!!!!!

Lincecum's said...

"AWESOME" That is what I have to say to all of this!
Love Jenn

Love the bedding Sheryl and the headbands Kelsi!

Cant wait to meet that new baby!

Jami Nato said...

love that you are on target.com in that pic...that glorious site. LOL.

love the bedding. OMG, the cutest.

love your heart for adoption.

Annie said...

Hi Alissa, We have not yet met but look forward to doing so soon! My mother-in-law sent me your blog and told me we will get to meet you and your husband on March 12th! Congratulations on being done with your homestudy! We are praying for peace and patience as you enter this waiting period. That is where we are at as well. I absolutely loved your last post comparing the realities of being pregnant with adoption! You hit it right on! Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day! Annie

Alissa Kroeze said...

Thanks guys. Yes my mom rocks. She is always willing to me meet my sewing needs :)

Annie, I am so excited to meet you too!Julie has kept me up to date on how you guys are doing, and we are so excited for you as well!