4.25.2011

Ebb & flow

Where have I been? {not blogging so much, sorry for that.}
I’ve been feeling “off” lately with writing.. it hasn’t been coming easily and that frustrates me.
It’s partially due to that fact that this baby has taken over my life, and so much of this is not blog-able: partially due to the fact that I feel like I have more important things to be doing with my last days where “wife” is my most poignant title.
I know my alone time with Wade is fleeting, and I intend to spend as much quality time with him as possible in the next month. 
I’m hoping that this feeling “off” where I don’t know what to write about will turn around into being full of inspiration, and insight, and clear and clever words to write. It’s kind of the ebb and flow of life. Sometime you’re creative and inspired, and sometime you just kinda… keep moving along. You gotta do the mundane stuff to prepare for the life changing stuff. One would never exist with out the other.  You can’t appreciate the sunshine until you’ve been through the cloudy day…

So today, here is the mundane:

I guess you could call it nesting.  
I’ve been attempting to rearrange my whole house. 
IMG_4817 Soon these frames will be filled with the sweet face of baby girl…
until then we get to enjoy the hodgepodge of the frames I took from literally every room of the house and hung on this wall. IMG_4816
I’ve been wanting to do this for a year
… and because of some unlikely yet lucky circumstances I became the proud mother of Rotisserie & Schezwan.
IMG_4814
I’ll let you figure this one out for yourself.
(Wade says I’m in big trouble because pay back is coming… I happen to think I’m like the coolest aunt ever )
IMG_4802

IMG_4806

chicksNo worries… no animals were harmed in the making of the Easter present.
brightShe loved them as much as I hoped she would.

operation girlify nursery is in full force.  
purple

IMG_0011told you you could hot glue lace to almost anything.
IMG_0008I’m embracing the cloudy, mundane days this week. I’m making the most of them, and taking it in stride as we wait with anticipation for the days that will rock our world. {5 weeks til birth day in case you were wondering..grin} We know that soon the clouds will part, and the sun will shine.
I have a feeling it will be the kind of sunshine we’ve never known.
Picnik collage

4 comments:

Jami Nato said...

super cute everything!
and wow, live animals for easter. the Lord will surely punish you severely for this...your husband is right!

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking geat! (love the girly room)

Brandie said...

I love how the picture of your hubby is sideways :)

Alissa Kroeze said...

Yes, the pictures are not "finished". I just hung them where I wanted them, and that one happened to be sideways

The live animals have been living in my garage since Sunday (sigh)... and have outgrown their home. The cardboard box. They will be going to a farm this weekend...