so there was this one time,
{it was last weekend}
Wade and I wanted to go out of town for a night.
Wade found a nice restaurant downtown, and I thought; I’ll book a hotel on priceline.com and see if I can get it for really cheap.
So I did that. $50 later, bam. we have a hotel thank-you-very-much.
We left Larkin with Grandma, packed our bags, and headed out of town.
My loving husband put up with my shopping, and thrifting for a few hours… and then we headed downtown.
The weather was cool and crisp. It was a Friday night, with no diaper bag. That alone was enough to make me happy… but on top of that we had a whole night with nothing to do.
It felt like our honeymoon, or at least an anniversary. Wade talked to me in a British accent during our meal, and when I asked him what he was doing he replied with “I like to talk British when we eat a fancy meal. Doesn’t it tickle your fancy? {grin comes across his face} I’ll tickle your fancy”. #dirtymind
moving on.
We wondered around town after our meal enjoying the weather.
It was then that our night away got interesting.
We pull up to our luxury priceline hotel.
Okay, little scary. We’ll just check in, it can’t be that bad. Yep, that is it. Everything you see in this picture was the whole room. Who doesn’t love a creepy tinted mirror the entire length of the room. (pretty sure there were a half dozen men standing behind that wall, waiting for a good show)
other view.
I am not afraid of a few germs, but I could not walk on that floor without shoes. The thought of pulling back the blankets, and crawling into that bed made my skin crawl.
I couldn’t do it.
We left.
but not before a good bathroom mirror photoshoot. oh the memories.
Wade will never, ever let me live this down. Good work Alissa.
We’re outta here… I hope you enjoyed your stay in room 219.
3 comments:
An experience worth the $50! Ha. :)
haha! loved the post today! hotel rooms absolutely creep me out, and that mirror would have done me in for sure! I'd say that the 50$ was still well spent- you won't forget this one anytime soon. . :)
haha i love this! made me laugh! glad you had fun anyway :)
Post a Comment