Larkin LeNeta,
It causes me pain to admit that you are 18 months old. I remember counting when you were days old, weeks old, and feeling sick when I knew I had to start counting in months instead.
And here we are.
18 months.
Next comes college.
You are so much a little girl, and so little a baby anymore.
At 18 months, you are tipping the scales at a whopping 20 pounds, and 30 inches tall. {what nice even numbers} That makes you in the second percentile for weight, and the tenth percentile for height. Little, little peanut.


You are counting, and singing the first few letters of the ABC’s. You love Mickey Mouse on TV, and reading Duck and Goose books. You carry around a baby with you most of the time. This week you have become very obsessed with our Christmas tree, and have to run in the living room to say “bye Christmas tree” when we leave the house. You know some of the words, and all of the actions to Away in a Manger.
You ask to pray every night before bed, and before meals. When we ask you to pray, you close your eyes, whisper a bunch of gibberish, and yell amen. I am sure God knows exactly what you mean! {even if we have no clue}
Even 2 years later, I am still in awe of the way God brought you into our family.
I simply cannot imagine our home, and our lives with out you in it. You are the sweetest, funniest, silliest, strong willed little girl I have ever known… and I could not be more honored to be your mama.
It causes me pain to admit that you are 18 months old. I remember counting when you were days old, weeks old, and feeling sick when I knew I had to start counting in months instead.
And here we are.
18 months.
Next comes college.
At 18 months, you are tipping the scales at a whopping 20 pounds, and 30 inches tall. {what nice even numbers} That makes you in the second percentile for weight, and the tenth percentile for height. Little, little peanut.
You are completely independent, and want to do everything by yourself. You outsmart us on a regular basis. You remember everyone’s names, and will call them by their name every single time. You have been calling me “lissa” for about a month, and recently started to call daddy “wade”. If we ask you your name, you say, “larky neena toosy”.
You are “self potty training” I call it… because although your dad and I are not ready, you are. You tell me several times a day that you have to “ go potty!”, and you almost always do.
You are “self potty training” I call it… because although your dad and I are not ready, you are. You tell me several times a day that you have to “ go potty!”, and you almost always do.
You are counting, and singing the first few letters of the ABC’s. You love Mickey Mouse on TV, and reading Duck and Goose books. You carry around a baby with you most of the time. This week you have become very obsessed with our Christmas tree, and have to run in the living room to say “bye Christmas tree” when we leave the house. You know some of the words, and all of the actions to Away in a Manger.
Even 2 years later, I am still in awe of the way God brought you into our family.
I simply cannot imagine our home, and our lives with out you in it. You are the sweetest, funniest, silliest, strong willed little girl I have ever known… and I could not be more honored to be your mama.
Happy year and a half baby girl.
1 comment:
teeny, tiny body...
BIG personality!
we love you, larky neena toosy. :)
Post a Comment