Among the hodgepodge of feelings and emotions we’ve been having the last few days (excitement, fear, doubt, joy, humility… to name a few) the thing that keeps coming to my mind over and over is this…
He makes all things new.
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
-Revelation 21:5
My self defense has been keeping “this is too good to be true” in the front of my mind.
Adoption is not this easy.
You don’t get picked this fast.
We don’t deserve this.
But this is also one of those times when you can honestly sit back, and very clearly see how God has brought your life full circle. I’ve done the pregnancy thing. I’ve ran out of work to throw up. I’ve gotten up to pee 4 times a night. I’ve worn maternity clothes, and had strangers awkwardly rub my belly. I’ve gone through labor, and delivery and I’ve gone home, a mommy with no baby. That lead to this time in-between where we would prepare. Prepare for whatever path God would lead us too… and so our hearts were immediately and passionately on this journey of bringing home a baby through adoption. We did paperwork, and home study visits, and grant applications, and a profile book. And when the time was right… we were chosen. And I’ve never been more humbled in my life. Someone would pick me to be their baby’s mommy. That is something I will never be able to grasp. And the love, and respect I will have for that woman for the rest of my life will not fade. (no matter what happens) Our circumstances are very different, but I do understand the pain of being pregnant with a baby you will not keep. I do understand going into the hospital to have a baby, knowing you will leave with out one. And to know that she has CHOSEN to do that… she is my hero.
Last year on June 1 our lives were forever changed when we found out I was pregnant.
I have a feeling it might be topped this year…
our birth mom is scheduled to have a C-section, on June 1 of course.
Yes, God I get it now. You make all things new.
4 comments:
So cheesy but isn't it SUCH a God thing? I mean, there's no other way to describe it. You and Wade will be amazing parents to this beautiful little baby, I just know it! So happy for you guys! Praying for you and the months ahead!
Danielle Tubergen
God is so amazing!!! Praying for you and Wade as you prepare to welcome home a beautiful baby!! Praying that everything goes as planned in the months ahead!
Lisa Kats
That is awesome!! God ALWAYS has perfect timing!! I stumbled onto your blog through another blog, and I love reading the updates! My husband and I are ready and waiting for the CALL that we have been matched! Praying for you and your family!
I remember the feeling I had last summer when you and Wade showed up at our house to share the good news. I wanted to jump out of my skin I was so excited for you two. That feeling was intensified to the point of no words this past week. You two are two of the most amazing people in this world and you DO deserve this. God has big plans in stopre for you and they are just beginning. The birth mother is so blessed to have a family like you constantly praying and thinking of her well-being, over your own. You are AWESOME!
Post a Comment