yes little one, you are so worth this wait.
And to make the time go faster, Mommy’s friends thought presents and good food would soothe my soul for a little while this weekend. They were right… and before we even had a referral, they planned a little adoption celebration baby shower. Aren’t my friends cute? They make pretty good looking babies too…
I swear I’m not that tall… I must have been the only one in boots.
anyway, notice that I’m “wearing” baby Rilyn? (and that half of my shirt is tucked all awkwardly into the wrap…didn’t notice that until I saw the pictures. cute.) I was trying out one of my gifts, a Moby Wrap. Seriously can NOT wait to use that thing. Yes friends… it might be possible that I do not actually have to put my baby down, EVER. success. This little kangaroo was lovin it…
a few more pictures of the little shower guests… Will we be adding another girl to the all girl club, or will we be bringing home a very sweet boyfriend for them to fight over?
Soon… we will know.
*Here is my little disclaimer just so we’re all clear. {are you ready?} Not everything about this baby and/or adoption will be posted online.. sorry people. We’ve got laws, and rules, and people to protect. Please keep that in mind when I’m being a little shady. This isn’t all my story to tell, and I plan on keeping people’s private things private… whoa, that sounded wrong. You get it though. There is SO much I plan to tell you, and when I can I will… but there are some things that are only for us. I will write about this whole “privacy” thing later (along with adoption issues involving ignorance, yes that’s deep huh) Now for the good news… I’ll be back later this week to tell you what our future holds. boy or girl? What’s your guess?…
9 comments:
This Grandma does not care, boy or girl, but he or she will have to come out of your Moby Wrap for some cuddling with Grandma!!
girl.. and I was right with Jude.. so there is a pretty good chance that i'm right.. just sayin' :)
either way i'm going to be pretty excited. can't wait to find out!
I am so happy for you Alissa! I won't put in my guess since you already told me what your hunch was, and a mother's instinct is ALWAYS right...I am just kidding, because I thought that I was pregnant with a boy at least three times! By the way, your friends are cute, and their babies are even cuter. I am partial to one in particular:)
yep - i'm with kelsi (i was right about jude too) and just remember i called it last week tuesday before you even got The Call. i believe you should have email proof in your heather folder? not that i enjoy being right or anything. ;)
ohhhh so fun!! i thought it was a boy...i imagined you said that i guess.
GIRL!!!!!
well, I have a guess and a hope. I'm not posting it here but because you are a hairdresser and I have a daughter who may need some expertise.....just saying, I'd like you to feel my pain. :) I am so thrilled for you and have warm fuzzies and smiles for your great girl-tribe of friends. It is as it should be. Your friends are amazing.
Alissa I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!! Ok really I'm equally if not more excited about the baby...I'm thrilled for you guys...and even more excited for the baby that will come into a very loving family with parents that will shower him/her with unconditional endless love!!!
Jenn Traver :)
Moby wrap = amazing!!!!! I have one and I couldn't wait to use it....and now that my little girl is here I use it every chance I can get and she LOVES it! I can't wait for you to snug your own little girl in it! Congrats again!
Post a Comment