My sisters wanted to plan a baby shower. I said no, not til it gets closer to the big day. So a shower was planned, for 2 weeks before she would be born.
She’s almost 38 weeks cooked already, and ready for her grand entrance into this bright and beautiful world.
in 10 days. that’s right, 10 days people. Can you believe it?
don’t you love that they are only 5 years old and they get googley eyed over every tiny article of clothing. They would pick them up once piece at a time and say, “oh it’s soo cute.” … yes girls. It is sooo cute, and so are you.
And then I packed all the gifts, and some leftover angel food cake into my car and drove home; completely overwhelmed with how loved we are. With how loved baby girl is already.
In the last couple of weeks I have heard 2 things over and over and over.
1. Get your sleep now
2. Are you ready?
Well, in response to statement #1… I’m screwed. I like to sleep, and I’ve very good at it. Wade thought I should try setting my alarm and getting up to early to prepare myself. wrong. I’ve actually been staying in bed even longer every morning just because, well… I still can. And I’m going to enjoy eating cereal in bed watching TV dozing back to sleep a couple of times with the Today Show playing softly on the TV and finally dragging my butt out of bed at 9am.
In response to question #2… We’re ready. Everyone has been so generous, and we have just literally been showered with everything she could ever need, and want.
Plus our hearts are about to burst with love for her, and sometimes I don’t think I can take waiting one more minute to kiss her cheeks. I am fully aware that there are going to be hard moments, and times when I’m just so tired and frustrated. When those days come I want to remember these days. When I fold, and re-fold all of her clothes, run my hand over her crib where her tiny body will soon sleep, and my arms physically ache because I can not hold her yet. But soon the words wait, patience, long, and yet, will be gone from my vocabulary. I have waited my entire life for her, and in 10 more days that wait will be over.
2 comments:
first of all....cribs are over-rated. arms are sufficient. wait. scratch that. if you want to sleep, embrace the crib. You deserve to be blessed and to be a blessing to this sweet child. I am so excited for you....and we're used to no sleep, so just bring her on over in the night if it gets bad. :) oh, and you do have the most wonderful friends.
so fun. and yes, you will get no sleep. but they are so worth it...sometimes it doesn't matter.
Post a Comment