7.23.2012

vaca

In the last two weeks we’ve been away more than we’ve been home. With both of our families vacationing back to back weeks, we had a lot to fit into a 2 week time frame.
Larkin had a terrible time. obviously. IMG_3606IMG_3591IMG_3749IMG_3838IMG_3821IMG_3471IMG_3453IMG_3524IMG_3535IMG_3870IMG_3855IMG_3599IMG_3756IMG_3724IMG_3692
Wade and I leave tomorrow for a trip with our youth group. We will be gone for 6 days, and yes, I am leaving my baby. No, I am not excited for that. I am, on the other hand, so excited to see what God has planned for this trip. It was just a few years ago (or maybe 12 years ago) I was in junior high attending Power Connection, and now I’m old and I’m the adult on this trip. When I was in junior high I remember a room full of girls wearing way too much make up, tank tops our parents didn’t know we owned, and using a good part of a can of hairspray to rat our hair as big as our heads. Aside from attracting 13 year old boys; I can honestly say that this trip 12 years ago changed my life, and I cannot wait to be a part of seeing so many kids “meet God” for the first time this week. 

…while I’m gone, Larkin’s fly by the seat of her pants aunt Kelsi is going to be watching her. God only knows what they will do while we are away.
Seriously. It will be interesting.
While I’m gone, she is going to post a photo a day of the things she does with her. Stop by all week to see what crazy stuff Larkin is doing with her Aunt Kelsi and Uncle Drew!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Praying you are blessed at Power Connection! I love your memories of 12 years ago... you pretty much nailed it! The only thing I have a problem with is... was that SERIOUSLY 12 years ago?! Sheesh... we ARE old!