8.30.2012

Embrace the Camera

Today Daddy is embracing the camera with Larkin.

IMG_9106IMG_9107booksIMG_9073a little week night Wheel of Fortune watching, book reading, and play time.

e_t_c

7 comments:

sarah k said...

Sweet pictures! I love daddy-daughter embrace the camera pics. :)

Just looked around a little on your blog and am weeping. Thanks for sharing your story honestly and beautifully. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Although the losses were not as late, I am still reeling from the loss of 2 babies in a row (after previous healthy pregnancies--so I am not comparing my pain with yours). Anyway, it always helps a little to hear the stories of other people who suffer, and survive, even though right now it feels like I will never understand any good in what God has allowed.

Have you read the book "Lament for a Son" by Nicholas Wolterstorff? It has been one of only two helpful books I've read...and he has a beautiful line about how he is probably a better person after the loss of his (young adult) son, but he would trade it all to have his son back. You said something in one of your posts that reminded me of that. I think we don't have to identify what happened as good, but we can maybe see some good that comes out of the brokenness, eventually.

Thanks for sharing.

Alexis said...

Beautiful Photos! I just read your story and am so sorry for your loss.

Unknown said...

So, so sweet! Visiting from "embace the camera"
Love on a Budget

The Jack Chronicles said...

Newest follower to your blog and visiting from the Embrace The Camera Link-Up. What a beautiful family and daughter you have! I LOVE her name! Did you choose it or was it her birth name? God Bless you for adopting and giving that amazing child such a happy life :) Have a good day!

Alissa Kroeze said...

Hey guys, thanks for stopping!

Sarah- I have not heard of that book, but I will check it out for sure! thanks for the tip.

Devon- we chose her name, and her birthmom gave her her middle name (LeNeta)

Nao said...

i followed the link from the anderson crew - your pictures are beautiful :) the last picture made me chuckle.
i had a daughter almost 3 months ago, and i already can't take enough pictures of her playing with daddy.
i also read jude's story. it was heart wrenching and beautiful.

Heather said...

Wait - Did Wade take these? I am impressed. Every time Joe picks up the camera, I have to remind him where the shutter release is.

Love Larkin in pic #2. Chillin like a villain.