8.24.2012

o-mama

IMG_4296Dear Larkin,
In the last month, you have truly grown into a toddler. You want to do everything yourself, including picking out and putting on shoes, & eating with silver wear. {when you do eat}. Battle at the dinner table has begun. You will take a bite or 2 of almost anything, but then you are done. You are a diary girl. You love milk, cheese, and yogurt. 

You will copy any word we say, and we realize just how well you are listening. You sometimes call me mom, and sometimes I am “lissa”. You are starting to put words together, and recognize your aunts/uncles/cousins by name. We can ask you to go get something from another room, and you usually come back with the right thing.
IMG_4301In the last few weeks you have become 100% a daddy’s girl. Every time the door from the garage opens I hear a squeal of “Daaadddy!”  You are his side kick, and want to do everything with him. He does not complain. I do.

Last time I set you on our scale at home it said you were 18 pounds. You finally fit in size 3 shoes, and size 12 month shirts & tops. You still fit in size 3-6 month pants. (sigh). 
You run, jump, & climb with ease. You are constantly on-the-go.
IMG_4302
You are funny. I hear all the time, “she has a sparkle in her eye”, and you do. You have loved to entertain people from the time you were old enough to realize you were getting attention. You love people. You ride in the cart at the grocery store waving and saying “hi” to everyone we see. You learn “tricks” easily, and don’t forget them. 

The latest trick…
me- “Larkin, who is the president?”
Larkin- “O-mama”

We are pretty sure you are left-handed.
You stick your tongue out, and spit at me when I tell you no. {That one is lovely, let me tell you}.
You cry and scream when I comb out your hair, unless you at watching clips on youtube while I do it. {then you are still, and quiet}
You have never had an ear infection, the flu, or any major sickness or injury.
I am pretty sure you are the most beautiful baby I’ve ever seen, although I may be bias. IMG_4292You don’t have to be the best at volleyball, scrabble, math, or monkey bars. We have loved you from before you were born, and there is nothing you could ever do to make us love you more, or love you less. I promise you right now, we will love you for your strengths, but we will love you just as much in your weaknesses. 

It has been a joy watching you grow into a little girl, and see more and more of your personality. Some of that we know you are learning from us, but so many of your traits we see from your birth mom. She is outgoing, loves people, and never stops talking. So much like you!

You are sitting on my lap right now, one leg up on the computer desk. {Your helping me type by pounding on the keyboard is making this a challenge} I love the way your curls feel against my face, and the mixture of hair gel and grass I smell on your head.
IMG_4300Baby, never in my life could I have imagined the love I would feel in my heart for you. Some days I don’t feel worthy of being your mom, and yet God has given you to me.
I treasure every day, every hour I get to spend with you.
The last 15 months have been the happiest of my life.
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Candice said...

Your little girl is beautiful! And president omama is funny :) (Ps found you through andersoncrew)