1.02.2013

2013

Is it just me, or does saying it’s the year two thousand thirteen just sound like something from the future?… and here we are. yikes!

It seems like just yesterday I was wearing a shirt that said “Y2K ready” in glow in the dark paint… that some friends and I hand crafted ourselves in junior high. So that when the lights all went out at midnight, our shirts would glow in the dark. get it? Yea we were awesome. Rock on 1999… (Why doesn’t that sound that long ago?) 
moving on.

I told you all how we were doing Christmas differently this year.
IMG_1293There were a few presents, but not so many. (She did get “circus movie” ) We celebrated advent, and came up with a way to give each Sunday of the month. I loved that part. It was mostly a change of heart for myself this year because I am the planner, and the buyer of gifts. I literally had to train myself to walk away when I would see something in a store that I wanted so badly to buy for Larkin. or Wade. or myself. and what do you know, eventually I found myself thinking of creative ways to spend money on others rather than planning gifts for ourselves. That new tradition is a keeper.
IMG_1289Now here we are, the new year.
Last year Wade and I both made the resolution to not pay for drinks at restaurants (water only) and I made the resolution to not drink any calories. yea, I kept that one. right…

I’m not making a whole year long goal this year. I came up with a few simple things I want to accomplish for today, tomorrow, this week… and hopefully from there, they will transform into a pattern that will carry on much longer.

1. Wait with joy for “ a call” for this new baby. Some days that is easy. Some days it kills me. I find myself full of excitement, & anticipation one minute, and I feel so disheartened, hopeless the next. I am fearful. I am afraid it will be hard, and we will go through the wringer before our baby is home with us. Adoption is messy, and I am afraid of what is to come. God’s word reminds us over and over to combat worry with thankfulness, and that is what I hope to accomplish.
IMG_1294
2. Memorize Scripture
(This I have a feeling will go hand in hand with fighting away worry about this adoption.) I have the worlds worst memorizing ability, but I need to try harder. The only area I scored high on on my ACTs was reading comprehension. I can read something and easily understand what it's saying, but memorizing it... not so good. I can tell you what things mean (in my own words) but never word for word what is written. I need to work on memorizing, not summarizing. IMG_1266(bedhead watching daddy shovel the snow)

3. Move Larkin to her big girl room.  Right now she is about 10 steps from our bed. I have grown so fond of hearing every little sound and noise she makes. I know the minute she wakes up, and when she is sleeping soundly.  I am quite enjoying decorating/preparing her new room, but not so excited about the idea of her sleeping in it.
IMG_1279      Well, that's it.
Live with Joy.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
–Isaiah 5:12


Memorize his teachings
.
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. 
–Psalm 119:11
Learn to let go. and trust 
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
-Matthew 6:26

1 comment:

StarfishMom said...

We finally adopted the baby we brough home from the hospital 2 YEARS ago. At 6 hours old I held my foster son fro the first time and now he is just MY SON. If I can walk away with ANYTHING it is that GOD'S TIMING IS PERFECT!!! He is NEVER late! Enjoy your precious moments with Larkin and prepare her to be a big sister {in FAITH} but TRUST that God's plans are 'EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY MORE than you could EVER ask, dream or imagine!' Ephesians 3:20 :)